Use Prophecy™ to:
- Forecast, then analyse, report and track quantity, revenue and margin.
- Forecast over hierarchies of Products and Customers. Comprehensive insights through constantly updated comparisons between forecast, budget, last forecast, previous years etc..
- Boost forecaster productivity. As easy to use as a spreadsheet, but designed from the ground up for multi-user sale forecasting. No more fixed views. No more manual consolidations. No more 'multiple versions of the truth'.
- Implement faster, at lower cost. Currently used for forecasting beauty, personal care, floorcare, coffee makers, food mixers, pet care, cleaning products, and more. Integrates with SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, NetSuite etc. through SQL feeds or delimited text files and Prophecy Automation.
The right methodology
Use Prophecy™ if you're forecasting with:
- Frequent and highly variable promotional activity.
- Active competitors, with equally frequent and variable promotional activity.
- Promotions which are (intentionally) different each time
- Promotions which occur at different times each year.
- Major customers represent a high proportion of total sales.
Prophecy™ helps forecasters interpret and understand the factors that statistical algorithms struggle with.
Prophecy now also features a fully integrated Trade Promotion Planning module.
Aimed at the right users
Prophecy™ is for front-line business sales forecasters. It helps them productively apply their specialised knowledge and judgement to the sales forecasts. All within an easy-to-use, Excel type experience. However, Prophecy™ goes way beyond Excel in its specialist analytic and sales forecasting features.
Prophecy™ is a 'live' view of detailed volume forecasts through revenue and profit. It consolidates in real time over multi-level hierarchies of products and customers.
The forecasted measures in your Prophecy™ system are completely customisable. Start with volume, extend to revenue and margin, compare with budgets, plans, other versions.
Integrate forecasting into core processes
Prophecy™ offers you much more than just volume sales forecasting.
Standard costs and selling prices are pre-imported into the database (or prices and discounts can be modelled manually). The revenue and profit impact of volume and pricing changes are instantly aggregated in real time over a complete hierarchy of products and customers.
Forecasts can be analysed and 'risk-assessed' within Prophecy™ at any hierarchy level for volume, revenue, profit or any other forecasted measure.
Prophecy fully supports 'forecast / review / re-forecast / publish' workflow.
Track progress vs. Plan, Last Year, Last Version...
Prophecy™ elegantly implements control, visibility, tracking and sharing of the sales forecast. Escape the 'many versions of the truth', bloat and data fragmentation issues associated with Excel sales forecasting spreadsheets.
Forecast, analyse, compare with budgets, prior years or previous forecasts - for volume, revenue, profit or any other measure. All within Prophecy's easy to use, multi-dimensional views and graphs.
Every Prophecy report acts as a forecast data entry screen, supports hierarchical drilldown/up over products or customers, live graphs, back-solving, unlimited undo/redo and many other forecast productivity aids.
Measure Sales Forecasting Accuracy
Accuracy analysis is important because:
- Forecasters will learn from forecasting errors and avoid repeating the same mistakes.
- Management will spot which forecasts need reviewing, earlier.
- Forecast accuracy stays 'front of mind' for forecasters when it is easily visible to managers.
Accuracy analysis can be difficult to deliver in fixed-view sales forecasting spreadsheets. Prophecy™ gives you accuracy data at any level of hierarchy and over any time horizon.
Prophecy™ quantifies the added value from judgemental forecasting, by comparing the published forecast with the statistical forecast that would have been generated using the available sales history. Click here to see a sample output.
Prophecy™ runs on Microsoft Windows 7 or newer, in conjunction with a centralised MS SQL Server database. It supports concurrent, multiple-user, read-write access without 'sub-cubes' or individual spreadsheets. Consolidation of forecasts by user, product and customer happens in real-time.
Adding new products, customers and sales history is a breeze. Use Prophecy's "write once, use many times" automation module in the Prophecy Database Manager application.
Other systems connect to Prophecy data via SQL or scripted data exports.
Each user's product, customer and measure-based security is rules-based and requires minimal maintenance after intial setup.
Prophecy 10.0 will be launched in September. Click here for a sneak preview of what's coming! Including... a new Trade Promotions Planning module, ad hoc versioning, multiple calendarisation and more!